I came across the just-released 2013 B2B Content Marketing Report the other day and wanted to share some of the key takeaways:
- Marketers are now spending 33% of their budget on content marketing. The corresponding figure last year was 26%. There is still room for improvement as 39% of the marketers surveyed feel that there is a lack of budget for content marketing.
- Content marketing is becoming necessary among marketers. 91% of all B2B marketers now engage in content marketing, in one way or the other.
- Much work still requires to be done on the content marketing front. Among the major content-related issues, 64% of the marketers believe that they are not producing enough content. 52% of the marketers believe that they are not producing the kind of content that engages. 45% of marketers believe that producing a variety of content remains a significant challenge.
- The increased focus on content marketing notwithstanding, it is still difficult to measure the effectiveness of the content. One in three marketers are not able to measure content effectiveness.
- Marketers would also require a push to enhance their content competencies. 26% of the marketers feel that they lack adequate knowledge, training and resources to do a good job in content marketing. 14% of the marketers also feel that it is difficult to find trained content marketing professionals.
- One in every four marketers feel that content marketing is not integrated sufficiently, across other marketing channels. 22% of the marketers feel that there is lack of adequate buy-in or vision regarding their company’s content marketing strategy.
The findings of this report indicate an all-round realization of the importance of content marketing, the need for relevant and localized content, and for marketers to engage their customers more efficiently via content marketing. However, when it comes to actually implementing a coherent content marketing strategy, much work still needs to be done.
At Right On we strive to not only generate new and engaging content but work to communicate it to the right person at the right time. We leverage our own marketing technology platform to do this as it gives us a single view of a prospect across email, website, CRM and social conversations. Having this kind of visibility is critical so that you can take action and interact with that person in a personalized way. Let me know if you are interested in learning more as this is a topic that I never get tired talking about. Thanks!