Most of us are familiar with the show, “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader,” which features adults and 5th graders in a battle of wits with seemingly elementary questions. What if instead of geography, history, math, and science, these questions featured marketing technology questions applicable to the overall success of your business? Do you possess more than an elementary understanding of marketing automation and Customer Lifecycle Marketing?
In this blog, we are going to take a peek under the hood of Right On Interactive’s newest E-book, Lifecycle Marketing 101: What Every B2B Marketer Needs To Know About CLM. This sneak peek is not a mindless skim read, rather a test to see if you are a lifecycle marketing expert or if your knowledge could use a little pick-me-up via our E-book. Let’s get started!
- What is Customer Lifecycle Marketing?
- There are 5 major benefits of a lifecycle marketing strategy, can you name 3?
- (T or F) Customer Lifecycle Marketing uses only data from your company’s CRM.
- (T or F) CLM is just another way to say marketing automation or email marketing.
- What is profile scoring? Engagement Scoring? How do these two scores factor into 3D lead and customer scoring?
- What are the 10 campaign questions that every marketer should ask himself/herself prior to launching a campaign?
- How far along are prospects (percent on average) in the “buyer’s journey” before contacting vendors?
- How much more costly is attracting a new customer compared to retaining a current customer?
- What are stages and how should they affect your marketing strategy?
- How can you win a complementary discovery session with E-book co-author and Right On Interactive VP of Sales and Alliances, Lori Grass?
How do you think you did? Subjects like marketing automation and Customer Lifecycle Marketing certainly are not being taught to our fifth graders, but every marketing and sales professional must understand the potential value from marketing technology. In Right On Interactive’s newest E-book, Customer Lifecycle Marketing 101, you will find the answers to the above questions and much more. Co-authors Troy Burk and Lori Grass walk readers through each stage of the B2B buyer’s journey and offer tips for engagement at each unique stage of the customer lifecycle journey.
Are the answers to those 10 questions still bothering you? How about a few hints from the E-book:
- Customer Lifecycle Marketing has features of marketing automation, but marketing automation DOES NOT have features of Customer Lifecycle Marketing.
- The themes of the 5 major benefits are as follows: win, keep, grow, improve, and measure.
- CLM can (and should) use data from every source in your company including ERP, CRM, POS, BI, and even manual spreadsheets.
- See Number 1 (Hint: very false).
- Profile and engagement scores combine to determine the score index for prospects and current customers alike. Data used for scoring is pulled from multiple areas and systems to give a comprehensive view of each contact.
- See Page 11 of the E-book (It’s worth it)!
- Between 70 and 90 according to B2B Marketing.
- I’ll give you this answer: 6-7 times more costly according to Marketing Sherpa
- Potential stages could be Prospect, Qualified Prospect, New Customer, Existing Customer, or Brand Advocate to name a few.
- It’s as easy as downloading this E-book! Even if you are not yet ready for software like ROI, every company can benefit from a lifecycle marketing approach.